St. A's is a parish dedicated with pride to the people who made all this possible - the priests, religious and laity. We have also been blessed with seven marvelous pastors, laying the groundwork for what you see here on our website. The Rev. Eugene J. Donnelly served from 1913 to1931, The Rev. Msgr. Peter E. Kelaher, 1931 to1949, The Rev. Msgr. Elwood A. Purick, 1949 to1975, The Rev. James M. Scanlon, 1976 to1981,The Rev. Msgr. T. David Dougherty, 1981 to1996, and The Rev. Msgr. Fernando A. Ferrarese, 1996 to 2001. These men, along with their fellow priests, guided our parish into the flourishing community it is today.
St. A's has also been blessed by having within its borders not one, but two, convents of the Sisters of St. Joseph, Brentwood. The parish convent along with the Bishop Kearney High School convent have made it possible for parishioners to witness firsthand to faith-filled lives of service.
And all through the years, St. As has been blessed by its laity the women, men and children who strive to meet the spiritual, educational and social needs of their fellow parishioners and neighbors. Through their commitment and perseverance, they truly live lives of faith and family.
May God bless us and all of St. Athanasius Parish!
The Rev. Msgr. David L. Cassato
B.A., M.Div., M.S. Ed.